Course Correspondence and Terms and Condtions
CPCS Plant Operator Scheme - Course requirements
In order to complete any CPCS operator training, you must have an in-date CSCS Health, Safety and Environment Touchscreen Test. This can be booked through CTA at our Misterton training centre or you can book the training yourself via the following link:
All correspondence regarding bookings will be sent to the named booker on the booking form. Nothing will be sent to the individual delegates; it is the responsibility of the booker to pass all information onto the delegate.
For courses delivered at your site – please ensure the availability of:
- All delegates - Uninterrupted attendance is important for effective learning and to meet the minimal learning hours requirements set by the accrediting bodies and all delegates must be medically fit to operate the equipment.
- Special needs - If any delegates have special needs we must be advised at least 7 days prior to course commencement.
- Appropriate equipment - All equipment must be in a safe and sound mechanical condition.
- Practical training area - Must be safe and fit for purpose in line with the course requirements as specified during course confirmation.
- Theory classroom - A suitable learning environment with table, chairs, electrical socket and a wall/screen suitable to allow projection.
- Suitable loads
- For FLT operator training, a supply of empty pallets and stackable loads.
- For crane operator training, a selection of loads and slings.
- For plant operator training, suitable loads and materials to stockpile, load and extract where required.
- Consent - That the instructor running the course will be able to use the course equipment as part of the training process and is covered under the booking company’s Public and Employees Indemnity insurance policy.
- Access platforms and any ‘Man-Up’ machines - A current certificate of thorough examination as per LOLER regulations must be available for inspection at the start of or before the commencement of the course.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - This should be worn by all delegates in accordance with HSE Regulations and your own company policies and procedures.
- All courses are conducted in English - It is vital, for Health and Safety reasons, that all delegates have a sufficient working knowledge of English to allow them to participate fully.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Settlement - Unless previously agreed with a CTA Director (in writing), payment is due on receipt of invoice.
- Late payment – CTA reserves the right to charge reasonable administration costs/interest where settlement is unduly delayed.
- Certificates - Will be forwarded on completion of training once the invoice has been settled in full unless previously agreed with a CTA Director (in writing).
- Cancellations/Postponements (includes lack of delegates or facilities upon arrival - see above) - once a booking is confirmed, unfortunately we do not accept cancellations. Postponements are permitted providing more than 10 working days’ notice is given, in writing. Alternative dates must be confirmed at the time of postponement and courses can be postponed on no more than one occasion.
For courses delivered at A CTA approved training centre:
Delegates need to arrive on site half an hour before training/test time so a site induction can be carried out.
Please note that CPCS Theory tests are recorded and the Practical test may be videoed.
Delegates will need to bring signature and photographic identification as required for all testing i.e.
- Photograph card driving licence
- A non-driving licence with a photograph and signatur
- An EU UK identity card with a photograph