Course Code: A59a
The CPCS A59a course aims to provides candidate with thorough practical and theory training for operating a 360 degree Excavator (Tracked) in order to pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
During the 5 day novice course, candidates will use both our 14 tonne and 8 tonne tracked excavators and also get a demonstration of the Prolec Machine Control System.
CPCS A59a novice courses are also available at CTUK in Straford-Upon-Avon, who we have recently formed a partnership with, please contact us for more information.
All prices are excluding VAT
Upcoming Course Dates
|Stratford Upon Avon Plant Training Centre - Stratford-Upon-Avon||01/07/2019||0 (Fully Booked)|
|Stratford Upon Avon Plant Training Centre - Stratford-Upon-Avon||15/07/2019||1|
|Stratford Upon Avon Plant Training Centre - Stratford-Upon-Avon||29/07/2019||1|
About the course
|This is a Novice level course:||Our Novice level courses are for delegates who have had little or no training on the equipment.|
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, candidates will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the industry sector and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with manufacturers' requirements as per the operators' handbook, other sources of information and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Configure and set ready for travel (site and highway, where applicable).
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces.
- Configure and set for excavating duties.
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Excavate differing types of excavations in various types of ground.
- Grade, spread and level ground and materials.
- Place materials into transporting vehicles and hoppers.
- Attach and remove buckets.
- Lift, move and place basic slung loads.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
Candidates must have taken a CSCS Health, Safety and Environment test (within the last two years).