Course Code: A59a
The CPCS A59a course aims to provides candidate with thorough practical and theory training for operating a 360 degree Excavator (Tracked) in order to pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
The 8 day courses will run during the week, not at weekends, usually 3 days one week and 5 days the next week.
All prices are excluding VAT
Upcoming Course Dates
|Rotherham Heavy Line Plant Training Centre - Maltby||15/07/2019||2|
|Doncaster Plant & Heavy Lifting Training Centre - Doncaster||19/08/2019||2|
|Doncaster Plant & Heavy Lifting Training Centre - Doncaster||30/09/2019||2|
About the course
|This is a Novice level course:||Our Novice level courses are for delegates who have had little or no training on the equipment.|
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, candidates will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the industry sector and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with manufacturers' requirements as per the operators' handbook, other sources of information and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Configure and set ready for travel (site and highway, where applicable).
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces.
- Configure and set for excavating duties.
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Excavate differing types of excavations in various types of ground.
- Grade, spread and level ground and materials.
- Place materials into transporting vehicles and hoppers.
- Attach and remove buckets.
- Lift, move and place basic slung loads.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
Candidates must have taken a CSCS Health, Safety and Environment test (within the last two years).