Course Code: A56b
The CPCS A56b course aims to provide candidates with thorough practical and theory training for operating an Articulated – Chassis Dump Truck in order to pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
This is a 4 day novice course.
All prices are excluding VAT
About the course
|This is a Novice level course:||Our Novice level courses are for delegates who have had little or no training on the equipment.|
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual using an articulated chassis dump truck will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the industry sector and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with manufacturers' requirements as per the operators' handbook, other sources of information and relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Configure and set ready for travel (site and highway).
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces – loaded and unloaded.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces whilst carrying loads.
- Ensure the suitability of the tipping and loading area.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Position to receive loads.
- Comply with loading procedures.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Transfer loads to different locations.
- Discharge loads into trenches and over edges.
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
Candidates must have taken a CSCS Health, Safety and Environment test (within the last two years).