Course Code: A40a
The CPCS A40a course aims to provide candidates with thorough practical and theory training for operating as a Slinger / Signaller in order to pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
This category has been amended to add endorsements against a range of lifting equipment types to cover the increased use of slingers for a wider variety of lifting operations.
The endorsements are:
A – All Types: all duties
B – All Types: static duties
C – Knuckle boom: static only
D – Excavator only
E – Lift truck only
This is a 4 day novice course.
All prices are excluding VAT
Upcoming Course Dates
|Doncaster Plant & Heavy Lifting Training Centre - Doncaster||13/01/2020||3|
|Doncaster Plant & Heavy Lifting Training Centre - Doncaster||10/02/2020||3|
|Doncaster Plant & Heavy Lifting Training Centre - Doncaster||16/03/2020||3|
About the course
|This is a Novice level course:||Our Novice level courses are for delegates who have had little or no training on the equipment.|
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, a slinger signaller will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the industry sector and their role and responsibilities as a Slinger / Signaller.
- Name and explain the purpose of differing types of lifting equipment and lifting accessories, basic construction, uses and applications, characteristics and terminology.
- Confirm with manufacturers' requirements as per the technical data, other sources of information and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Interpret and extract information on all relevant documentation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks on non-specialist lifting accessories and identify non- serviceable items.
- Explain procedures for placing non-serviceable items 'out of service'.
- Identify centres of gravity and estimate weights of loads.
- Prepare and ready the area of operation.
- Choose the relevant lifting accessory for a given load.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Secure various types of load to a lifting hook using the relevant lifting accessory and procedures.
- Ensure load balance, security and integrity.
- Direct and guide the movement of loads to different types of location.
- Accurately place loads.
- Arrange, use and comply with communication procedures.
- Maintain safe working conditions.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
Candidates must have taken a CSCS Health, Safety and Environment test (within the last two years).