Course Code: A31
The CPCS A31 course aims to provide candidates with thorough practical and theory training for operating a Ride on Roller in order to pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
This is a 3 day novice course.
All prices are excluding VAT
Upcoming Course Dates
|Stratford Upon Avon Plant Training Centre - Stratford-Upon-Avon||06/05/2019||1|
|Doncaster Plant & Heavy Lifting Training Centre - Doncaster||15/05/2019||2|
|Stratford Upon Avon Plant Training Centre - Stratford-Upon-Avon||03/06/2019||1|
|Doncaster Plant & Heavy Lifting Training Centre - Doncaster||10/06/2019||4|
|Stratford Upon Avon Plant Training Centre - Stratford-Upon-Avon||01/07/2019||1|
|Doncaster Plant & Heavy Lifting Training Centre - Doncaster||08/07/2019||4|
About the course
|This is a Novice level course:||Our Novice level courses are for delegates who have had little or no training on the equipment.|
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the industry sector and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with manufacturers' requirements as per the operators' handbook, other sources of information and relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Configure and set for travel.
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces.
- Configure and set for compacting duties.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Compact loose granular materials to specification.
- Compact straight lines and around radii.
- Compact supported and unsupported edges.
- Explain the principles, requirements and techniques of good compaction.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
Candidates must have taken a CSCS Health, Safety and Environment test (within the last two years).