Course Code: A21
The CPCS A21 course aims to provide candidates with thorough practical and theory training for operating a Wheel Loading Shovel in order to pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
This is a 4 day novice course.
All prices are including VAT
Upcoming Course Dates
|Rotherham Heavy Line Plant Training Centre - Maltby||24/06/2019||1|
|Rotherham Heavy Line Plant Training Centre - Maltby||22/07/2019||0 (Fully Booked)|
|Rotherham Heavy Line Plant Training Centre - Maltby||12/08/2019||4|
|Rotherham Heavy Line Plant Training Centre - Maltby||09/09/2019||4|
About the course
|This is a Novice level course:||Our Novice level courses are for delegates who have had little or no training on the equipment.|
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the industry sector and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with manufacturers' requirements as per the operators' handbook, other sources of information and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Configure ready for travel (site and highway).
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces – loaded and unloaded.
- Ensure loading integrity and security.
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
- Carry out excavations from and embankment of different materials and form stockpiles and ramps.
- Explain precautions to be taken for underground and overhead service and other hazards.
Candidates must have taken a CSCS Health, Safety and Environment test (within the last two years).