Course Code: A17c
The CPCS A17c course aims to provide candidates with thorough practical and theory training for operating a Telescopic Handler in order to pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
This is a 5 day novice course.
All prices are excluding VAT
Upcoming Course Dates
|Doncaster Plant & Heavy Lifting Training Centre - Doncaster||20/04/2020||0 (Fully Booked)|
|Doncaster Plant & Heavy Lifting Training Centre - Doncaster||11/05/2020||3|
|Doncaster Plant & Heavy Lifting Training Centre - Doncaster||08/06/2020||3|
About the course
|This is a Novice level course:||Our Novice level courses are for delegates who have had little or no training on the equipment.|
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the industry sector and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with manufacturers' requirements as per the operators' handbook, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Configure ready for travel (site and highway).
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces – loaded and unloaded.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces (with and without loads).
- Configure and set for lifting and transferring duties.
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Lift and remove various loads up to full extension and working height of the telescopic handler.
- Transfer and place loads accurately at given locations.
- Place and remove loads from a vehicle.
- Maintain safe working situations.
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
Candidates must have taken a CSCS health, safety and environment test (within the last two years).