Course Code: A04 (a+b)
The A04 (a+b) course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical training. Completing the course successfully will entitle you to a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (upon successful completion of the appropriate CPCS Technical Test).
This is a 10 day novice course.
All prices are including VAT
About the course
|This is a Novice level course:||Our Novice level courses are for delegates who have had little or no training on the equipment.|
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, delegates will be able to:
- Operate the tower crane safely and productively.
- Respond to the recognised signals for controlling crane operations.
- Decide whether a particular load is within the capacity of the crane.
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine maintenance.
- Understand the capabilities of the equipment and any relevant safety precautions, including the out of service procedure.
- Operate safe-load indicators and overload warning devices.
- Understand the effect of the working radius on the lifting capacity of the machine.
- Secure, check and maintain counterweights effectively.
- Gauge the effect of shock loading on structural strength and stability.
- Recognise the principles of safe slinging, the types and capacities of lifting gear, security and balance of load.
- Observe the statutory regulations in respect of lifting equipment and the operator’s own legal responsibilities.
Candidates must have an in-date CSCS Health, Safety and Environment Test (taken within the last two years)